Beautiful 5 bedroom home, circa 1850, with lots of charm and character, this former village store offers stunning views over the South Downs along with period details and plenty of space for family life. Best known for its race course Plumpton also has an array of local amenities including a primary school, 12th Century church, post office, general store and railway station (London approx. 1 hour). The village has an active community with numerous clubs covering a wide range of interests and sports - the playing field and pavilion offer football in winter and a cricket square in summer.- Beautiful five bedroom family home in the former village store.
- Stunning far reaching views over the surrounding countryside towards the South Downs.
- Idyllic country village location close to local amenities.
- Character features throughout including cast iron fireplaces and sash windows.
- Magnificent 21 ft dual aspect Drawing Room with patio doors leading to the rear garden.
- Further Living Room and Dining Room offering ample living space, both with open fireplaces.
- Fitted Oak Kitchen and Breakfast Room with quarry tiled floor, Stanley oil fired range, - A utility area leads from the kitchen with plumbing for a washing machine and useful downstairs cloakroom.
- The ground floor also features a cosy study overlooking the front driveway with fireplace and fitted shelving.
- Bedroom 1 has incredible views over the garden and surrounding countryside to the rear and features a cast iron fireplace and a luxury en suite shower room.
- Three further, good sized, double bedrooms can be found on the first floor, one with a fitted wardrobe and two featuring cast iron fireplaces.
- Bedroom 5 is a single bedroom with cast iron fireplace and fitted cupboard.
- Family Bathroom featuring travertine tiling, a modern white suite with separate shower enclosure and bath.
- A particular feature is the rear garden which backs onto fields and is mainly laid to lawn with a patio area adjacent to the house for al fresco dining and entertaining.
- Off street parking for two vehicles.
- Energy Efficiency Rating: F Read more
|Five bedroom family home.
||Stunning views of the South Downs.
|21 ft Drawing Room.
||Two further reception rooms.
|Fitted kitchen with range.
||Modern family bathroom.
|Master bedroom with en suite shower room.
||Rear garden laid to lawn.
||Off street parking for two vehicles.