A 4 bedroom 1930s period detached family home of 2255 sq ft (TBV) which enjoys landscaped, southernly aspect, gardens. A particular feature of this fine property is an attached studio that lends itself to a multitude of uses. This property has been stylishly presented and offers well proportioned accommodation whilst still providing the potential for further extension subject to the relevant planning consents and permissions (TBV). Externally the generously sized gardens wrap around the property and are, in our opinion, a truly wonderful feature being predominantly laid to lawn and accented by numerous terraces. Nestled within the Southdown's National Park, Lewes is the county town of East Sussex and Lewes mainline railway station offers a fast train service to London Victoria (approx. 1hr 10 mins). The A27 lies a short distance to the south of Lewes and provides fast access to the A23/M23, Gatwick Airport and the national motorway network. The coastal, business and entertainment city of Brighton & Hove is some 8 miles distant. Lewes has an excellent range of amenities including an array of restaurants and recreational facilities, 2 prime supermarkets, cafés, art galleries, shops and public houses. A farmer's market held the first weekend of every month. The internationally recognised Glyndebourne Opera House is located approx. 4 miles from Lewes. Lewes offers several highly regarded primary schools as well as Priory Secondary School, Sussex Downs College and Lewes Old Grammar School.- Detached four bedroom property with further studio room.
- 1930's period property with mature gardens that wrap around the property.
- Period features throughout including Art Deco fireplaces, picture rails and exposed floorboards.
- The property is accessed by double gates leading to a driveway with parking for numerous vehicles.
- Entrance porch opens into an entrance hall with exposed timber floors and original staircase to first floor.
- 19 ft dual aspect light and bright room with feature fireplace and floor to ceiling bay window and doors leading to the garden.
- Triple aspect loggia/sun room with quarry tiled floors and bi-fold doors providing access to the garden.
- Further dual aspect study with fireplace and views of the front garden.
- Dual aspect kitchen/breakfast room with fitted kitchen units featuring black granite worktops, space for appliances and incorporating a breakfast bar.- Door from kitchen leads to a rear lobby with larder cupboard and access to the garden.
- 19 ft modern studio room with oak flooring, domed vaulted ceiling and timber framed bi-fold doors leading onto a decked terrace. The studio also has a fitted wardrobe and en-suite shower/wet room.
- The ground floor also features a useful cloakroom and utility room with space for appliances.
- Generous dual aspect first floor landing with airing cupboard.
- 16 ft Master Bedroom with fitted wardrobes, fireplace with tiled surround, en-suite shower room and dual aspect views over the garden and South Downs into the distance.
- Bedroom 2 overlooks the rear garden and features a fitted wardrobe, sink and tiled fireplace.
- Bedroom 3 is a dual aspect room with obscure views of the South Downs, fitted wardrobe and sink.
- Bedroom 4 is a dual aspect room with views to the front of the property, fitted wardrobe, tiled fireplace and sink.
- Family bathroom with modern white suite with separate shower enclosure with tiled surrounds.
- The gardens feature several decked and paved terraces with brick built BBQ providing ample space for al fresco entertaining.
- The remainder of the southernly aspect garden is mainly laid to lawn with mature planting and hedged surrounds.
- Garage adjoining the main house.
- Double glazing and gas central heating throughout.
- Energy Efficiency rating: D Read more
|Detached four bedroom family home.
||1930's Period property
|Southerly facing bright and sunny garden.
||Secluded position on the road.
|Four reception rooms.
||Attached modern studio.
|Well presented throughout.
||Ample off street parking.